Saturday, August 09, 2008

Adoption Update....


Jay and I wanted to provide all of you an update on where we are at in regards to our adoption process.


About two weeks ago, we received medical information on a little 3 year old boy from Taiwan that we had been considering. He is the little boy with the hearing aids that we may have mentioned to some of you in past conversations. Anyways, we received all of his medical information and decided we were not able to proceed with him, as some of his medical challenges were just too much for us to consider at this time.


Now Jay and I continue to wait on the sibling group that we have expressed interest in from Taiwan. The mother is still missing (and presumed dead) and they are still gathering information on the girl that was removed from the house. Basically, Jay and I are waiting for updated medical and videos on all of the children before we make a decision on what to do. We do have a lot of interest, but we must have 100% peace about everything before we embark on this type of adoption adventure. More to come on this.


Jay has also been working on another program for us to consider if Taiwan does not work out. It is looking like Ethiopia is a country that we would consider adopting from. Jay received some pictures of a little boy today that they would like us to consider. The Ethiopia program is not close to happening for us, as we are committed to seeing what happens in Taiwan...but it is something we are going to consider.


I have to be honest...this has been LONG process...and it is not over yet. However, we both have a very good peace about our journey, and we look forward to seeing it through.


Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for this long adoption process!!!

**Good things come to those who WAIT!!!!!**


Our Agency: Go ahead and look around if you would like:
http://www.celebratechildren.org/


8 comments:

Jeri ~ said...

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how things were going. Thanks also for the picture, I just checked my email and found it. I was so surprised, I had forgotten about it too! Hugs to Jay & Brooklyn, I miss you all.

Lindsay said...

Thanks for letting us in on whats going on in your life! Your all in in our prayers as your journey continues!

gram said...

i hope and pray you get the two little boys if that is what you want and if that is in God's plan. I could not find a picture of them or the little girl. Have patience, everything good takes time.

Shelly Marie said...

Gram...They are no longer on the website!! Taiwan does not post pictures of the child up for adoption!! I love you and it was great to see you!!! =)

gram said...

I love you too and enjoyed seeing all of you. I have such a great family and I am so proud of all of you.

Rebekah said...

Praying, Praying, Praying for you guys! I completely understand about needing full peace--it's the only way to move forward!

Shelly Marie said...

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. We need all your prayers and thoughts as we can get!!! We love you all very much!!! It is awesome to have such a great support team. THANKS SO MUCH!!! =)

Alyssa said...

Great chatting, Shelly! We will continue to pray. WE love you guys!

Oh, and last night after Kendra's bath I asked her if she got her drink (she asked for some water, but I was in our bedroom feeding Grant & forgot). She said, "yes, mom, I just drank some bath water"!...LOL I told you they were two peas in a pod:)!!!