Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Have I told you I LOVE the fall???!!!!

Crock Pot Applesauce!!!!
I mixed the sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar together and set it aside for later!!!

Peel, core, slice and cut 5-10 apples (all depends on much you want to make)


I love this machine!!! It is the best and save a ton of time!! Thanks mom for letting me borrow it!!!

Then I cut the apple in half.

Let your kids help...they love to use peeler-corer thing!!! =) It is fun!!!

Then place all the apples in the crock pot and add the sugar mix and 1/2 - 1 cup of water


Set the pot on low for 8-10 hours and stir occasionally. You can put it on high and it will cook faster....maybe 5-7 hours.

I only used 5 large apples, so it only took about 5-6 hours to cook. My house smells wonderful!!!!=)
Once the sauce is done turn pot off and mix with a hand mixer. I like to do this because I hate chunks in my sauce!!! Once you are done with that place in a Jar and refrigerate.
Once it has cooled off....Enjoy eating it!!!! I know I did...yummmmmy!!
** What you need:
5-10 medium apples (peeled, cored, slice)
1/2-1 cup sugar
1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
1/2-1 cup of water
1/4- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cook on low for 8- 10 hours
or on high 5- 7 hours
* every crock pot is different so just watch it until you know sure how it will cook!!!










5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am glad it turned out good for ya! It looks wonderful!

gram said...

Gordy loved homemade applesauce. I always think of him when I think of applesauce.

Leah Wentzel said...

That looks like a fun thing for kids to do!

Alyssa said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. That is great! We love applesauce too.
We are so excited about your new boys too. Loved watching the videos you posted. Kendra thought they were so cute! She kept saying, "Oh, mama, they are so cute!" Do you get to choose their names? We can't wait to pray for them by name now. WE are so excited for you guys. Boys are great:)! We are glad Grant and Kobe have more boy cousins now to play with and be buddies with!

Have a great day! We love you guys

cindy said...

Looks delicious!! I love fall too, except when it rains and I don't want it too. Maybe I am spoiled. Looks like Brooke had a great time too.
Love you,
Mom