Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The time has come and It was a God thing!!!

The time has come for Jay to let loose and spend some hard earn cash!!! lol Just kidding honey....our hard earn cash!!!! lol Well, we have had our end tables and coffee table for some time now and they have taken a beating. We have been saving money for a couple of weeks so we could pay cash for them. ( On a side note....It is amazing how much money you can save as long as you put your mind to it.) We went out on Sunday to 3 different stores ( Art Van, Peerless, and another Art Van.) and found one that we really liked. The lady we were working with stated that they had one available so we went to pay for them. She took all of our information and then she realized the last one was already on hold for someone else. Imagine my disappointment!!! I finally got my "frugal" husband to spend some money and then it wasn't in stock! Oh well, we went home because there was nothing else we could do. Monday rolled around and we decided to go look at Lapeer Furniture ( which has beautiful tables and everything else is great too) we walk in and there where my tables and they were on SALE( and by HALF the price) and it was the last one in stock.....so of course, we bought them!!! God is great because if we would have bought them the other day we would have payed twice the price for them and now we have extra money to go towards our new Dining room table. YIPPIE!!! I love them and I have a table under lock and key for us to buy too. No more eating out for us. We have to save to buy them. Our goal is to pay for all our new Furniture in cash. Lord willing!!! He is AWESOME.....Thank you Lord for the great deal you found for us. =)
*I will post pictures of the new tables soon!!!!!

5 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

Congrats, it is wonderful when you ALMOST buy something and then you find it some where else for cheaper, makes my week!!!!

Thas how it was with our dining room table, we went to Art Van and saw it, it was around $800 or $900 so we decided to look around. After looking around I couldn't find anything in the price range we were looking to spend so we went back to Art Van to take a second look at it and it was on sale for $499!!!! We bought it then and there, of course!!! So exciting.
(I'm talking about the glass table, not the little one.)

Well, anyway, congrats again on the tables, I love new stuff.

Shelly Marie said...

Yes, It is sooo much fun buying new stuff for our house especially when you can save while buying stuff. It makes me happy!!! I love your table and your small table. That will probably be the next thing we save for!! We need it. =) See you Sunday!!!
Love ya

Lindsay said...

That is awesome! I love saving up for stuff to, it makes you feel good! Can't wait to see pictures!! I really wish we could be there Sunday for Miss Brooklyn's birthday party. Miss you guys and hope your all doing well. Love you

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Good job Shelly! We always like the specials that we don't have to pay for a few years. That's how we did our TV. We have a year to pay with no interest so I make a payment every month.

gram said...

I am looking forward to seeing your new end tables. I would like some new ones but I am not that motivated yet. Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow. Love ya,Gram/GG