Monday, April 21, 2008

We could feel the HEAT from our front porch....

This would be a great picture for the newspaper or the church bulletin...lol

Atlas Fire Department...and the Davison-Richfield Fire Department!!! Two police cars, off duty fireman, and ambulance---just in case!!! lol

Poor Stan.....At least we knew the Fire Chief. That means Stan didn't get a ticket!!!


The fire was huge....Thank goodness it didn't get to the big barn!!!




Up close...





Dad and Stan checking everything out!!!!



This picture says it all......


So Stan thought it would be a good idea to burn the barn scrap wood!! He got a permit for the burn and off he went. I no longer miss Grandpa Wentzel because I have Stan to remind me of him. lol =) Mom looked out the window from the kitchen and saw HUGE flames coming from the barn...of course she called dad!!! Mom and Dad said they could feel the HEAT from the fire on their front porch!!! WOW!!! Praise God that NO one was hurt!!!




7 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

Stan would be thrilled to know you outed him online :)

Shelly Marie said...

The whole church will know by Sunday!!!=)

cindy said...

I have not stopped laughing at Stan to day... What a trip he is. He really enjoyed that tooo much. Brooke was so funny when she got out of the car saying "I can't believe it, I can't believe it Stan burned the barn down" she is so funny.
Thanks again for all the help and taking me to see the flowers at wojos.
Love you,
Mom

Vicki Aeschliman said...

Holy Smokes! That's a pretty good pun if I do say so myself. Well I guess there will be no chickens this year!

Alyssa said...

Wow! Chris and I are glad all is okay:).

Lindsay said...

Oh My! We heard about that....lol!

gram said...

Poor Stan! I bet he was upset. How fortunate the big barn did not burn. A little excitement at the Wentzel. Maybe it brought memories back when your kids were young