Saturday: I worked a short day from 9-3:30. I came home and we went out to dinner at Applebee's (Brooklyn's favorite) and then let Brooklyn play at the mall's play place.
Sunday: We stayed home from church because at 9:00am Brook was still sleeping and I did not want to wake her. She has been so tired since our trip to Ludington. Plus, Jay had a lot of work to do for Monday morning (month end stuff.)
I figure it was time to finish cleaning out the garage. It was a beautiful day and we had soooo much junk that just needed to be thrown away. Now, Mom came over on Tuesday and helped me clean out one side of the garage, so I only had one side to finish. I am happy to say the garage looks great. The garbage man is going to hate me, but that is his job...right?? =)
Now, I have to start on the spare bedroom. We could get a call anytime from our social worker and I need to be prepared for anything!!! We still have not heard anything yet about the two brothers, but GOD KNOWS THE CHILDREN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE!!!!! ALL IN HIS TIMING!!! WHICH IS NOT ALWAYS OUR TIME, BUT THE RIGHT TIME!!!! Patience Shelly,Patience!!!! Pray for patience...not so good at that!!! =)
Monday: I think I am finally getting caught up on my scrap booking. Maybe, by Christmas I will be completely caught up!!! Uggggg....lol
I also got in my mind that it was time to change Brooklyn's room around!!! Why do I do these things to myself?? Brooklyn thought it was soooo much fun watching me move her bed, dressers, nightstand, and TV!!! Little stinker!!!! =) It is a good thing though it need a good cleaning too. I did all of this to fit her new toy box from Matty, Linds, and Elle. I will post pictures later!! Thanks guys she loves it!!! =)
Mom, Brooklyn and I are going to pick strawberries and make freezer jam!!! We also found a recipes for apple freezer jam that sounds pretty good!!!! So we shall see!!!
Hope you all have a great week!! Love ya!!!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Fun times at the Whitehead house hold....
Posted by Shelly Marie at 9:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Hope you don't mind me peaking in! I saw Jason, today, and he caught me up on your progress! I completely KNOW the mixed emotion of excitement, yet trying to exercise patience! Not an easy balance. Ben and I wish you the absolute BEST and I look forward to reading more about your progress!
hopefully you will be filling that bedroom very soon! :)
i am glad things are going good and our getting alot done.
My mom and I made freezer jam before they left for florida-it was very worth it!!!
Sounds like you guys have been busy! We are praying your child/children come home to you quikly! Whats freezer Jam? lol
Wow! We will be praying for you guys Shelly! That is so exciting, but yes, hard to wait on His perfect timing.
Love you! Keep us posted!
freezer jam is "jelly" that you make and keep in the freezer. you take strawberries (for example - you can use other fruits too)) smoosh them up - add sugar - and then add sure gel to it (sure gel is like a jello-ish type thing that turned the fruit and sugar into jelly) then you put it into containers, let it sit out for 24 hrs and then it goes into the freezer and keeps up to a year.
The exact direction can be found in any pkg of sure gel and it is SUPER easy and makes the most wonderful, fresh tasting strawberry jelly.
(just like the straw jelly they have at house of flavors up in ludington)
Thanks you all soooo much for your words and prayers for us!!! We still have heard nothing from our social worker!!! Hopefully soon!!! love you all
You have been one busy girl.I hope and pray you get your little ones soon. Freezer jam is good. I do it the easy way.I go over to Vicki's house and she gives me some she makes. I am lucky
Patience does not run in our family either. It must be a corey or ghent thing. Will you please send me the apple freezer jam recipe?
Busy Busy Busy
Post a Comment